Donor Advised Funds (DAF) allow you to easily manage your charitable giving.
Benefits of a DAF
- If you support multiple organizations, or if you want to secure a charitable deduction now and designate beneficiaries later, a DAF may work for you.
- DAFs can be established with a number of entities, including community foundations and financial services companies.
How does it work?
- Establish a DAF with your local community foundation or preferred financial services company.
- Make an initial gift of cash or stock to the DAF (a minimum initial charitable contribution may be required) and receive an immediate charitable deduction.
- Make annual recommendations on gifts to be directed from your DAF to CFUF. There are no transaction fees, which means 100% of your recommended grant goes to your charity or organization of choice.
- You will also have the option to choose to remain anonymous to the gift recipient if you wish.
Acknowledging and respecting your wishes
When you make a DAF gift, it is possible that the sponsoring organization will not share your information with us. Please submit a Donor Advised Funds Gift Notification Form when you have made your gift, so that we can make sure to thank you and make sure that your gift funds what you intended.