Make an impact with the Center for Urban Families by hiring our members.
Center for Urban Families (CFUF) is focused on partnering with local businesses to provide them with high-quality and vetted candidates who can take full advantage of available positions and employment opportunities.
STRIVE® Baltimore, CFUF’s distinguished employment readiness training, provides individuals with the tools and skills necessary to enter and remain relevant in the workforce. These include effective communication, good decision-making, teamwork, proper workplace attitude and behavior, and much more.
With CFUF by their side, members have addressed barriers to employment and are ready to work. Additionally, CFUF’s direct-service staff provides intensive case management to individuals for up to five years to assist with any challenges that may impact an individual’s ability to continue to work.
We believe that with the support of local businesses, we can help individuals transform their lives through viable employment opportunities.
What We Do For Employers
- Source, identify, and meet with prospective businesses to foster long-term relationships.
- Understand their staffing needs as well as challenges to help identify solutions to meet their short- and long-term goals.
- Gather and assess hiring requirements including background and pre-employment drug testing.
- Identify salary, benefits, and all requirements of employment openings.
- Work with employers to understand their career growth opportunities, and then work with members to access those opportunities through additional workshops and access to market-driven occupational skills trainings and certifications.
- Source, screen, and fully vet CFUF members that meet requirements of employers.
- Provide job coaching, resume development, and interviewing techniques. We also assist with professional attire for interviews.
- Act as a main point of contact throughout the employment lifecycle, and provide ongoing support for CFUF members and employer partners.
- Provide ongoing coaching and personalized supports to hired members that are critical to their long-term workforce attachment and overall success, while at the same time working with employers to ensure their needs are met by eliciting and incorporating feedback.
- Equip our members to help companies improve their bottom line.
CFUF invests in our members and our community, and works with employer partners who are committed to doing the same. Together, we can ensure that members are not only connected to the workforce, but that they are growing in their role and addressing any potential issues.
If you’re interested in hiring our members, please reach out to T’lia Walker-Dennis for more information.