Forum For The Practitioners Leadership Institute
  Lost password
Get Started
Don't have an account yet? Sign up!

HomePeer to Peer Mentoring

This section will be used for the new cohort and Alumni Fellows to introduce themselves anddevelop their p2p mentoring relationship. Please briefly introduce yourself, what you areas of focus are and what you would like to gain from p2p mentoring.

Please introduce yourself to the group! Messages in this topic - RSS

Shawn Burnett
Shawn Burnett
Administrator

4/17/2019
Shawn Burnett
Shawn Burnett
Administrator
Use this section to introduce yourself. In your introduction please answer what PLI Cohort you were apart of (Year), what you work is, how PLI has supported you in bolstering your work and what you would like to gain from or give to other PLI Fellows. You will also find bios for the 2019 Fellows, a PowerPoint slide of some PLI Alumni, the break down of how we saw you each fitting into topic areas and a contact sheet ( please introduce yourselves and make connection through the forum before you use the contact sheet!)

edited by sburnett on 6/20/2019
0 link
Jeannette Simon
Jeannette Simon

26 days ago
Jeannette Simon
Jeannette Simon
Hello. My name is Jeannette Simon and I was part of the 2018 cohort. PLI really challenged me to look at myself and pushed me to think outside the box. I am still working on the creation of my nonprofit, which is more than a notion, but have used much of what I learned to keep myself moving in the right direction. I am excited to now be a part of the faculty and look forward to sharing my mentoring knowledge with those interested.
+1 link
Wendy Blackwell
Wendy Blackwell
Administrator

2 days ago
Wendy Blackwell
Wendy Blackwell
Administrator
Welcome Fellows!
In just a few weeks we will begin the SROI sessions. My favorite part of the cohort learning. Social Return on Investment, like some of the other sessions will cause you to dig deep and think about the IMPACT of your program. You will ask yourself tough questions about how this helps and then find a value for that proposition. I will be your research buddy during these sessions. As you start to think about your work please think about how your work makes impact in the community and let me know how so that we can find evidence to support your values. Wooooooooo! Sounds intense. Well it is. The calculation will give you a powerful sentence in your pitch.... for every $1 invested we return X to the community. It enables you to clearly state why your program is of value.
Here are work group clusters that I have thought of, there are more. Please advise me as soon as you think of them.
Homelessness/housing
Mentoring/ tutoring
Secondary Education preparation
Fatherhood
Arts/scholarship

Cohort one fellows! You are invited back for these sessions. Call Shawn to RSVP
National Fellows. Please join this conversation. Would you share with the group your SROI experience and what difference the SROI is making or has made for your work?
0 link

Phone: 410-367-5691
2201 North Monroe St
Baltimore, MD 21217